My place to put up three-dimensional sculpture ideas.

About Me

Sculptor, Designer, Resides in Southern Colorado, USA. age 62. Interested in mould-making and casting, public or outdoor sculpture presentation, and space or environments in which to present them.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Armature Development ~ One Gallon Container

After some thought I have decided to first develop an egg-shaped container that will conveniently hold one gallon of paint. I had to look up a volume formula for an ellipsoid and convert some measurements back and forth. I might go back to metric and refine things a bit. At this point I'm merely happy to develop an armature out of styro-foam that can be found in a home improvement store at 1/2" thick.
Illustrations follow which approximate the measurements I need:

004gallon egg basic armature

The basic armature.

002half inch layer gallon egg_short side

The short side.

003half inch layer gallon egg_long side

The long side.

No comments:

facebook share button

Labels

My Blog List

Powered By Blogger

Visitor's Live Feed