My place to put up three-dimensional sculpture ideas.

About Me

Sculptor, Designer, Resides in Southern Colorado, USA. age 62. Interested in mould-making and casting, public or outdoor sculpture presentation, and space or environments in which to present them.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Trees ~ The Ponderosa

Today I tried to use Google Sketchup's powerful utility with components to attempt - at least partially - to draw a Ponderosa pine tree. I started out with a simple pentagonal pyramid stretched up to 35 feet and then worked on imitating where boughs appeared. The have a certain character at different heights. some more vertical some underslung and s-shaped in search of sunlight. Here is one set of boughs about mid-way in this illustration. I stacked them - also on a pentagonal arrangement - as they seem to do. I have not gone so far as to measure proportions where branches occur or their angles. This was just from all I could glean looking out the window.

No comments:

facebook share button

Labels

My Blog List

Powered By Blogger

Visitor's Live Feed